Thursday, April 8, 2010

dora isn't the only explorer around these parts...in her head

This week, lots of kids were returning from fabulous trips to warmer climates since spring break happened just last week. Remember crazy-I-will-eff-you-up Katherine? She strolled in this morning and this is the conversation that followed:

Me: "Katherine! Where have you been all week?"
Katherine: "AUSTRALIA!"
(WOW! I thought. Those parents sound awesome!)
Katherine's Mom: "That's not true..."
Katherine: "You didn't let me finish...in my head..."

Sure, I'll take it. Later, during Spanish class, I overheard her talking to a group of about five other kids.

Katherine: "...and since I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow, I really need to be careful with the chupacabras. Especially the purple kind."

Yet another lie. I'm definitely not qualified to diagnose this child, but seriously?? What the heck do her parents talk about at home??

No comments:

Post a Comment