Friday, February 12, 2010

life after death?

It's been my experience that when I enter a room filled with pre-schoolers, I instantly become the most fascinating novelty. I will enter and am automatically surrounded by 12+ high-pitched little voices calling for my attention--they tend to be delivering earth-shattering news. Somehow, along with the tugging of my legs, this never gets old. In fact, it's definitely been quite an ego boost.

But I digress! Upon one of these said entrances, I randomly chose to focus on one little girl's story about her family vacation. Just as she was about to tell me all about the new outfits she had gotten while in Arkansas (the nation's fashion capital! I MEAN, COME ON MISS KATHY!), I felt a not-so-subtle tug on my skirt. I turned around and looked down at a very angry and scrunched up face.

"Miss Kathy! I'm TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING! Some people think that when you die, you come back as something else. It's called reincarnation. You should probably read a book about it for when you die."-Hunter, age 3

Why that sounds delightful. I've been meaning to do some light reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment